Have you been mesmerized by the Australian culture and history? Want to explore more about it? And you have planned a tour to Queanbeyan, Canberra for exploring the hidden secrets of the country? Then to enjoy your tour in the town to the fullest, you need to make a stay for at least 2 to 3 days. So start looking for the best motels in Queanbeyan, Canberra like Hamilton’s Queanbeyan Motel.
Let us take a look at some of the best sites that you can explore by making a stay at one of the best motels in Queanbeyan NSW:
- The National Gallery of Australia
The National Gallery of Australia comprises objects from all over the world, that includes traditional and modern works from Asia and the Pacific, statues and paintings from European and American works along with indigenous, colonial and contemporary Australian art. It is the largest art museum in the country that is home to more than 160,000 works that include the all-embracing collection of Aboriginal art in the world.
- As far as Asian collection is concerned, it comprises art from China, Japan, India, and beyond that include Hindu and Islamic sculptures from the Indian subcontinent as well as Buddhas and Neolithic artefacts from Southeast Asia.
- The East and Central Asian galleries feature traditional wood prints and ceramic works.
- The Pacific section includes a wide selection of sculptures and items from Melanesia and Polynesia.
- European and American collection includes works by Picasso and Monet, pop art by Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol, dada and surreal paintings, and modern works from both continents.
- The Australian section holds an alarming selection of early colonial paintings, Australian Impressionist works, modern and abstract paintings, decorative arts and contemporary pieces in a range of media.
- Australian War Memorial
The Australian War Memorial is one of the best monuments where the country pays its respects to members of the military killed in conflicts around the world. Completed in 1941, the Australian War Memorial is built dedicated to servicemen and women from the colonial era to today. There is a museum within the memorial complex that exhibits exploring the military history of Australia. This Byzantine-style memorial building is in a straight line of sight with the entry of Parliament House. There is the Hall of Memory where you can see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the ANZAC Hall featuring military hardware, written accounts from soldiers and their partners, and stories about the battles fought and much more.
- The Parliament House
The Parliament House, located in the centre of the city is the most prominent structure in the capital with incredible 62 acres of floor space. This building was envisioned and created by New York-based architectural firm Mitchell and Giurgola. The construction began in the year 1981 and officially opened in 1988 by Queen Elizabeth II. You can see a 246-ton (220-tonne) flagpole flying a 21 by 42-foot (6.4 by 12.8-meter) Australian flag, enjoy views of Lake Burley Griffin and the greater Canberra area, a tapestry based on a painting by Australian artist Arthur Boyd at the Great Hall and much more.
So make a stay at one of the best motels in Queanbeyan, Canberra and explore these amazing structures along with many other important sites.
Hamilton’s Queanbeyan Motel provides the most comfortable and convenient stay in the town allowing you to explore the best of Queanbeyan in a hassle-free way. Visit https://www.hamiltonsmotel.com.au/ for more information.
Stay Social With Us..
WhatsYourHours.com Directory, Local Offers Direct, BizBangBoom, Citiwaka